Position: Travel Nurse Recruiter
Experience: At least 2 to 4 years of travel nursing industry or relative business experience required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, human resources, or related field of study required
Type: Full-time; Direct Hire
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day Shift, Fully Remote (ability to work support Hawaii Standard Time working hours preferred)
Compensation: Starting from $50,000-60,000/annually, negotiable based on experience PLUS bonuses and commissions.
Kahu Malama Nurses is a leading staffing firm in Hawaii and needs a dynamic Travel Nurse Recruiter to join our growing travel nursing division. We are looking for a results-oriented professional who thinks strategically and can contribute to the expansion of our successful brand across North America.
The person in this role must be able to recruit and retain travel nurses and other healthcare professionals and also be able to grow the business by developing business relationships with healthcare facilities and systems to build revenue.
- Hands on recruiting for travel nursing positions for facilities in Hawaii and across the United States; Create competitive and attractive compensation packages for travel healthcare personnel
- Assist with business development to grow travel nursing division by creating direct business relationships with hospitals and other healthcare facilities, creating strategic VMS agreements, or making sub-contracting partnerships that lead to successful placement of travel personnel
- Develop professional relationships with travel nursing candidates that lead to multiple placements for long-term revenue streams
- Recruit for other high-volume positions in hospitals, long term care centers, skilled nursing facilities and other healthcare settings
- Work cohesively with marketing and national sourcing team to build a steady stream of qualified applicants
- Create weekly or monthly reports for the General Manager or other departments as needed
- Receive and create new job orders from our clients; enter all relevant information accurately into our internal database
- Oversee current employee attendance and performance on a regular basis; provide corrective actions as directed by management
- Utilize external resources such as LinkedIn, networking events, other job boards, and the business community to source specialized and management level candidates
- Responsible for reaching goals as provided by management; including but not limited to reaching interview, submittal and fills goals for the week/month/quarter
- Participate in networking events, job fairs, and learning seminars to gain more candidates and to get more business
- Work cohesively with the Staffing Manager to ensure both recruiting and staffing teams are aware of and working to fill all open positions in a timely manner
- Assist with training, coaching and development of new recruiting team members
- Follow-up and QC work of new staff when appropriate. Provide corrections and identify learning and retaining methods
- Professional written and presentation skills
- Good problem-solving capabilities and goal oriented
- Relevant customer service, human resource experience, and sales experience is a plus
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focus, be team oriented, and have technical proficiency to include but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal communications (verbal and written)
- Excellent follow through skills and time management
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.